Featured Post

An introduction

I have started a new blog. What for? Well, I suppose it's on online journal in a way. I don't really do New Years resolutions, I thi...

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Fitness

Fitness, just like diet, is a constant struggle. Even for elite athletes, it never ends. You are never finished. It's a lifestyle. Do I want to be fit or not? If the answer is yes, then it's time to get to work.

For anyone just starting out on their road to fitness, there are many ways to get started, and it all depends on what your goals are. The most important thing is to begin! You can't say tomorrow or next week, start right now. With that, you don't need to rush out and hire a personal trainer and buy a new gym membership. These are options for everyone but not requirements. I always tell people, and practice this myself, find hobbies that keep you active. Many of us don't necessarily want to grind away in the gym for hours and hours. We just want to maybe lose a couple pounds, tone up, or gain a little lean muscle. Most of this can be accomplished without ever going to the gym and with no difficult work out programs. Hiking, biking, walking with a friend or partner, swimming, sports.... there are so many things that you can do to increase your fitness level, and you can have a great time while doing it! Additionally there are tons of groups out there for these types of things so you might even meet some cool new people in the process!

I like to stay active as much as possible. For me it's all about having a routine. I wake up early almost every week day and hit the gym or get a run in. It's tough at first, but once I got used to it I couldn't live without it. It's my favorite time of the day. It's the one time of the day where nothing matters except myself, and we all need that. Then on the weekends or in some evenings I enjoy active hobbies like I mentioned above.

For me fitness isn't about being overly vain or impressing anyone. It's about quality of life and staying healthy. I have a pretty rugged career and I see what happens to folks who don't take care of their bodies. By their 40's they are broken down and wore out. I don't want this for myself. I want to run through the woods and climb trees and use my body the way it was meant to be used, as my vehicle through life. If you don't take care of your vehicle it will break down and leave you stranded. No one wants that.

All it takes is that first step. Or if you have already started, push yourself harder. The only one stopping you is YOU! Your not going to get the body you want by hoping for it. If you can't make it to the gym today that's okay. Take a few minutes after reading this knock out a couple crunches or push ups or whatever! That's what I did ;-)



Grab what is yours. It's waiting!

17 comments:

  1. I really need to get fit! One of my goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitness is truly a lifestyle. We should try to make it a habit. love to workout and I mainly workout because, I cant stay away from desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fitness and your health overall is definitely something we have to take seriously, especially to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It's something I"ve been striving to do.

    Good post :)

    Jade | https://budgetsandweights.com/index.php/2017/01/23/fitness-mondays-20-min-hiit-workout/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for post...I could use the motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fitness and health is definately something that should be top priority. Great motivation here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting fit is one crazy journey but when you find the kind of regimen that works for you, you're definitely going to be more motivated. I agree though, you should really take that one step forward and kickstart your fitness routine, everything will follow after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with you said about it being for you, it's generally good to just try and increase your fitness levels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think getting fit and staying in shape is one hard task. I have such a problem just trying. Your article says it all. How important it is to stay in shape to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your emphasis on to each it's own! I definitely am a slacker but it works for me!

    Howkwandidit.com
    Kwan Hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to also have a routine so my workouts are consistent. I like to also switch up my workouts so I don't get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love doing exercise no matter which kind, but I think it also good do to diet and some cleansing sometimes, but yes I agree fineness is a thing that we should do everyday, thank you for the post

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get to work! I had a nice routine but I had to let go because of my health but now I'm better so I really want to start again with exercise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fitness really is so hard!!! It takes so long to build up a habit, but it is amazing once you have the habit established. You just have to take it one day at a time. I think it is so important to make a schedule for yourself so you can have consistency!

    Kaitlyn
    www.mypostpartumlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen. I really need to stick to a routine. I find I am really good if I work out everyday. If I miss one day though, I will miss a week or worse. Once I get back on it, it is fine again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. keep on going, that's all we can do. keeping a routine becomes easier and easier as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A routine definitely makes it easier. I have fallen out of mine.

    ReplyDelete